Sunday, December 30, 2007

My favorite book of 2007

Well, in the flick of time I just finished my favorite book of the year, Ayaan Hirsi Ali's Infidel. This is the memoir of the author of The Caged Virgin. It tells of her oppressive and abusive childhood and coming of age in Somalia, Saudi Arabia and Kenya as a devout Muslim; her amazing self-piloted landing in the Netherlands; her journey to her current status as a passionate freedom fighter which keeps her life under constant threat.

It will not simply feed the desire of those who like to gulp down tales of the tortured and tragic groping their way to spiritual victory, but should satisfy you if you like me tend to appreciate compact prose and a chronologically-driven story where action turns the pages. In other words you won’t have to waste any time lulling in the butterfly garden to see this amazing lady’s metamorphosis.

Darn, so much for my plans for cozying up with a great book on NYE, as I surely won’t be able to secure anything to top this at the moment.

I guess this is the type of thing I’ll post occasionally since life still happens even with no news of our baby. This was intended to be a blog on our journey to Vietnam, and I guess we are still on the journey, doing normal stuff along the way rather than just being in the grip of waiting.

I want to post my Leap of Faith that my husband insisted I do 3 times in order to capture an adequate recording, but I’m waiting for him to supply me an edited version.

Thi Thi completed her first 1/2 year of life on earth 2 days ago and she’ll be starting out her second calendar year in her orphanage in her birth country.

No comments: