Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peace

We are at peace with new knowledge we obtained that Thi was adopted by a French family in February, 2008. We don't know why we were told for months that she was still in the orphanage, leaving us in emotional turmoil, and leaving more time for our bond with this beautiful child to deepen. But we are relieved to know she has been with her family for the last 7 months. I am jealous, but so happy for Thi and her family. I can imagine her sweet little face speaking a beautiful language. She is a lucky girl, and so is her family. I wish there were happy endings like this for all orphans.

4 comments:

The Pence family said...

I am so happy that our girls are safe and sound with their families. Soon, it will be our turn, and I can't wait for that day!!

Kim said...

Even though I am happy that your little girl has found a loving family, I am also sad for your family who had to wait for her without knowing what was going on. I hope that tou will be able to find another child. I am sure that he will be very happy with parents like you. I know I speek for a lot of french families.

Kate said...

Oh Karen. I know it's so bittersweet. I'm so glad she has a home and parents to love her. Please know that I am praying that we all are placed with the children we are meant to have.

{{hugs}}

Lisa said...

I just found your blog and I am so sorry for you. And filled with the kind of rage you describe. I am crying for you and want you to know you are not alone in this.
Lisa