Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I've been "tagged"

7 Random Things About Me

I've been tagged by Carissa to play this meme. Here are the rules:1. List 7 random things about yourself that people may not know.

1) I’m claustrophobic. I’ve been lifting weights and the mass in my arms has increased. I recently got “stuck” in a shirt in an Ann Taylor Loft dressing room. The shirt was gripping my arms behind my back in a fashion that made me feel like I was handcuffed. I thought I was going to have a mini panick attack but, after working up a sweaty fit, I was able to pull my arms free and had been perfectly willing to rip the shirt in half if need be. I was like a cat in a bag.

2) I’m a Sweets freak. I love cake and I dream about it. It’s a recurring dream, and the nice thing is I can eat as much as I want in my dreams, and I still want more cake. I especially love cherry chip cupcakes. I eat a King-sized Reese’s Sticks candy bar at least once per day (they typically only come in King).

3) As a child, I did not speak much. I preferred writing little novels under my sheets at night with the flashlight. One doctor thought I was deaf.

4) While I'm emotionally unintelligent I do have a high IQ (though my husband told me this doesn't mean anything, and he's smarter than me, so I believe him), which I inadvertently found out while doing protocol as a subject of study at NIH. Also have a keen short-term memory and recall (ability to quickly repeat large series of numbers and letters and rearrange them into an orderly string), and the useless ability to talk backwards. I think I would have made a good goalie (sp?) because I have quick reflexes.

5) I’m an introvert and a thrill seeker and I do require white noise to fall and stay asleep, as many of you PAPs seem to relate to. With an 8-month-old in Vietnam, I need to be in a wind tunnel in order to fall asleep.

6) I recently discovered one grey eyebrow. My Mom-in-Law had told me that chronic pain ages you, so I guess it's catching up with me.

7) Speaking of grey, I love opossums and respect them because they are the only marcupial living in North America. I feed them Iam’s catfood in my backyard and my neighbors hate this, but I’m a decent neighbor, so they respect it.

Link the person who sent this to you, and leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Okay, I liked you until you uttered one simple word: opossum

Acckkk! Those things scare the crap out of me! One evening, I was sitting alone in my family room watching television in the dark. I looked over at my sliding glass door and there was a opossum sitting there on my deck, starring RIGHT AT ME! I think he said he wanted to EAT ME! UGHHH..frightening beady red eyes! =)

Don't know why I felt the need to share that useless story...

Loved your randoms! The Anne Taylor shirt cracked me up! You must have RAMBO arms! =)

KateD.

Karen said...

Kate,

They are fearless. I swear they would walk right in the house. One time I was in my hottub outdoors and got out and went to turn the tub off, and there was one sitting right on top of the switch box! It was not phased at all that my hand was within inches of it. Yeah, that scared me. It was dark out and the thing had obviously been watching me the whole time!

Karen H.

Lori, Gilbert & Ethan said...

Karen-

I love you 7 things. Let's not start on grey hairs. This entire process is putting new ones in my hair every day!

Michelle said...

BEST random list I have read so far! I had to LOL at your Ann Taylor story:)