Saturday, March 8, 2008

Warming the Fanny















Some of you may know I've been feeding a feral cat we call New Kid for years. I have heated bowls outside and he lets us know when they need filling. Actually, my cats let me know he's waiting for his food.

I live-trapped him (he will not let us come near him) a few years ago to get him neutered using the TNR (trap neuter release) philosophy. Corey built him an insulated shelter which is placed under our deck. I should have never let him go. But I was trying to be humane. Regretting letting him go, I've tried to live-trap him again several times, but he's too smart to go in it again. Like Corey says, he must be a smart cat to have survived all these years outside.

I took this picture of him today sitting in his heated food bowl waiting for his breakfast.

1 comment:

Mrs.B said...

aaahhhh, I just wanna love on him! he looks like he wants to come in, if only he would give in and join your family, how wonderful of you to take care of him.